The Associate Publisher participates in all aspects of the Southern New England Weddings brand. The primary role of the Associate Publisher is to manage both editorial and marketing operations for Southern New England Weddings, including, but not limited to, developing and implement strategic branding and marketing initiatives, assisting with product development, and managing all content (editorial and advertising) for the magazine.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing initiatives for SNE Weddings brand.
- Maintain and manage all marketing collateral (media kits, sales contracts, etc.).
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer marketing services.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients.
- Attend industry events as needed, serving as brand ambassador.
- Traffic ads to creative department as needed.
- Plan and assign all editorial content for SNE Weddings magazine.
- Contribute feature and department stories to print publication and online blogs, copyedit stories, write headlines and captions.
- Locate and assign photography, curate and style editorial photoshoots and facilitate all aspects of project planning as well as contracting vendors.
- Collaborate with creative department and oversee the magazine’s design.
- Supervise and co-manage social media accounts, website and blogs.
- Manage publication budget and handle invoicing for contracted employees.
- Design and plan annual launch party networking event.
- Manage freelance contractors and ensure all assignments are submitted on time.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, marketing meetings, as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written, communication, branding and management skills
- Proficient in proofreading techniques and writing guidelines, with knowledge of AP and NY Times styles
- Able to work autonomously, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-centered, positive attitude, and able to manage team of writers, photographers and designers.
- Computer skills: Mac and PC, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, InCopy, WordPress, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
To apply, please complete the following form and provide a copy of your resume: